Bechamel sauce, also known as besciamella, besamel, or white sauce, is one of the five mother sauces. This creamy Italian white sauce consists of milk, flour, butter, and sometimes flavored with onion, clove, and nutmeg.
Bechamel is the inseparable part of numerous east and south European cuisine. One could see its track on famous Greek, Italian, and French dishes. Also, It is the base for some of the most common creamy and cheese-based sauces.
Since this sauce has milk and flour as its ingredients, naturally, the bechamel sauce’s removal procedure is similar to that of milk stain. Follow the steps below to learn how to get the Bechamel sauce stain out of your rug.
Moreover, in case you’re having trouble with any other stain incident on your rug, make sure to get help from our stain removal guides, such as Espagnole sauce, Mustard, Tomato sauce, Hollandaise sauce, Veloute sauce, Salsa, BBQ sauce.
“When it comes to removing Béchamel Sauce it is very similar to milk, which can be remedied with a few items found around your house”
1. Equipment Needed
Vinegar │ Water │ Ammonia │ Club soda │ Terry Cloth │ Mild dish detergent
1.First, we need an acidic solution to break down the milk’s sticky proteins. So, mix a cup of water with two tablespoons of vinegar and a few mild dish detergent drops.
2. Apply the mixture until it covers the whole stained area. To get that bechamel stain entirely out of your rug, make sure the solution deeply soaks the stained area.
3. Take a piece of terry cloth, massage the stained area gently with it back and forth. Then, blot the stain to absorb the excess mixture because the acids are dangerous to the rug’s foundation in the log-term. So you’d better not leave them on the rug.
4. Rinse the stained area with clear club soda.
5. Blot the wet area with a clean terry cloth until dry.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the stain is gone.
If the stain is stuck in the rug for quite a long time, this solution would probably not help. But don’t lose faith because our rug experts at Khazai Rug Cleaning, relying on five generations of experience combined with the latest technology, are here to help your precious rugs to regain their former charm.
And done! Now you’ve taken your rug’s appeal back ? For more help with other types of rug stains, please check out our comprehensive Stain Removal Guide.
There is nothing our rug experts can’t take care of, so if you are having any issue with your rug, don’t hesitate to give us a call for a free consultation and setting an appointment.