STAIN REMOVAL GUIDE: Crayon
STAIN REMOVAL Crayon, If you are one of the 74 million Americans who have children living in your home, then you have seen a crayon stain or two.
Crayons have been made of the same material pretty much since they have been invented. Paraffin wax is melted down and combined with pre-measured amounts of color pigments, so the color is always even throughout the crayon.
For effective solutions on rug pet stain removal, follow our expert tips and ensure your rug stays clean and fresh
“Removing any type of wax whether it range from candle wax to a crayon it can be a real headache just be patient and take your time when removing the stain”
1. Equipment Needed
Vacuum Cleaner │ Knife│ Citrus Solvent│ Club soda │ Terry Cloth │ Mild dish detergent
1. Freeze the wax with ice.
2. Chip out the wax with a knife.
3. Vacuum or blot up the excess.
4. Apply citrus solvent or dry cleaning solvent.
5. STAIN REMOVAL Crayon, Blot or gently stroke the carpet pile.
6. Rinse the carpet by applying warm water without soaking the carpet.
7. Vacuum or blot up the excess. (If the stain was removed, do not proceed to the next step.)
8. Apply detergent water to the stained area without soaking the carpet and let it stand for 5 minutes.
9. Blot or gently stroke the carpet pile.
10. Rinse the carpet by applying warm water without soaking the carpet.
11. Rinse the carpet by applying warm water without soaking the carpet.
12. Cover with brown paper or white cloth.
13. Heat an iron to the lowest steam setting.
14. Iron the wax stain occasionally pressing the steam button. (The carpet needs to be damp before starting this procedure.)
15. Check the color every 15 seconds. The heat will draw the wax into the paper or cloth. Change the paper or section of the paper in order to not transfer the wax.
16. Finally, vacuum the carpet after its dry to reset the carpet pile.
- FREE Estimates
- CERTIFIED Technicians
- FULLY Licensed & Insured
- FREE Pickup & Delivery
- STAIN REMOVAL Crayon