How To Remove Soup Stain From Your Rug
It’s a lovely cold evening with snow falling on the ground, and you’re sitting on your comfortable couch having a delicious hot soup. It’s all going well until you spill some tomato soup on your beautiful rug! What else could make this evening worse?! For effective solutions on rug pet stain removal, follow our expert tips and ensure your rug stays clean and fresh.
Spills do happen all the time, and as long as your floors are covered by rugs, you need to keep an eye on the stains appearing on your rugs or carpets and remove them as soon as possible. However, not all the stains can be removed by dragging a wet cloth on them. So, in this article, you’ll learn the best way to properly remove soup stains from your rug.
How to prevent your rug from getting stained?
Rugs are one of the essential pieces of furniture in any house, adding more color and comfort to it. However, they are more prone to damage and stains as they’re placed underfoot and are in direct contact with shoes and furniture legs. But it does not mean you have no choice but to see your rugs getting easily stained and damaged over time until you replace them with new ones. Here are some tips on how you can keep your rug clean and stain-free.
- Keep the floor dry and clean; If there is any spillage or liquid on the floor, then it will flow onto the carpet, so make sure that you always keep the floor clean.
- Vacuum regularly; Vacuuming your carpet will help remove dust particles and other debris which might cause stains on your rug. It also helps remove pet hair which is a major problem for many pet owners.
- Remove stains as soon as possible; If you notice any spills or spots on your rug, then remove them as quickly as possible before they set in and become permanent stains.
- Use a protective mat; use a mat under furniture legs like chairs and tables, so, that they won’t leave marks on your rug.
Also Read: The Best-Around Dry Rot Repair Service
How to remove soup stains from your rug?
Once your soup is spilled on your rug, you need to grab a scrub brush or sponge, cleaning solution, water, and a neat cloth.
- The first thing that you need to do is remove the stain with a clean cloth or paper towel. This will absorb some of the liquid, making it easier to work on the stain.
- Then use the brush or sponge damped with the cleaning solution to apply light strokes, moving from the outside of the soup stain until it is fading. Make sure you use enough cleaning solution to cover all the areas around the stain.
- Now, rinse the area with cool water to wash away the cleaning solution and stain.
- Gently rub the neat cloth on it, then let it dry on both sides.
Vinegar is a perfect homemade spot cleaner that removes most food and drink spills, dissolving their fat and protein chains with its natural acids. However, it could have some consequences for your wool and silk rugs. So, makes sure you have consulted with an expert before taking any action on the soup stain.
What is the best way to get soup stains out of your rug?
Previously, you learned the easiest way to remove soup stains from your rug. Although this method has proven to be practical for many rugs and stains, some people might damage their rugs by using improper cleaning detergents and an inappropriate amount of water or solution. Moreover, the cleaning method must be determined based on several criteria, such as the rug’s type, age, and material.
Also Read: Jute Rug Cleaning
So, who has enough knowledge of rugs to decide which method is best for them? The answer is the rug professionals! They have years of experience cleaning the stains on rugs and have the proper tools for that. In addition, professional rug cleaners know the type of stain and are able to remove it properly.
Our team at Khzairugcleaning has removed thousands of stains, even the oldest and toughest ones, from various types of rugs and carpets. So, if you’re looking for the best way to get rid of soup stains from your rug, just request a quote, and our team will take care of the entire process for you, from picking up the rug from your place to delivering it all clean and stain-free!